7 – 9pm, one evening a week for four weeks
This home cooking course will introduce you to the simple, healthy, economic and delicious dishes that the Japanese cook in their homes. Designed as four sit down dinners with wine, in an authentic Japanese setting, you will learn how to create soups, rice/noodle, vegetable dishes as part of a small seven person class. As with all of Reiko’s classes, all ingredients lists and recipes will be printed for you to take home, so that you can recreate what you have learnt in your own kitchen.
– Chicken & Vegetables Katsu
– Inari Zushi – Chirashi stuffed in deep fried tofu
– Chawanmushi – Japanese savoury custard
– Niku Jaga – Japanese beef & potato stew
– Hijiki & Takuan Rice
– Tofu & Prawn Balls with Oroshi Ginger Dipping Sauce
– Nabeyaki Udon – hot pot udon noodle in dashi broth
– Vegetable Tamagoyaki Omelette
– Spicy Mabo Aubergine
– Crispy Skin Karaage Chicken with Pickled Cucumber Ribbons
– Salmon Tataki Donburi
– Onsen Tamago Miso Soup – porched egg & mushroom miso soup
Thursdays – 1st, 8th, 15th, 22nd February
The whole course is £280*, to book or enquire, please contact Reiko.
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.