7 – 9pm, one evening a week for four weeks
This everyday Japanese course will introduce you to the simple, healthy, economic and delicious dishes that the Japanese cook in their homes. Designed as four sit down dinners with choice of beer or wine, in an authentic Japanese setting, you will learn how to create soups, rice/noodle, vegetable dishes as part of a small up to eight person class. As with all of Reiko’s classes, all ingredients lists and recipes will be printed for you to take home, so that you can recreate what you have learnt in your own kitchen.
– Chicken & Vegetables Katsu
– Inari Zushi – Chirashi stuffed in deep fried tofu
– Chawanmushi – Japanese savoury custard
– Niku Jaga – Japanese beef & potato stew
– Hijiki & Takuan Rice
– Tofu & Prawn Balls with Oroshi Ginger Dipping Sauce
– Okonomiyaki -Japanese savoury pancake
– Vegetable Tamagoyaki Omelette
– Mabo Dofu – spicy minced pork & tofu stew
– Crispy Karaage Chicken with Pickled Fennel & Cucumber
– Shake Aburiyaki Donburi – blow touched salmon on rice
– Tonjiru – pork belly & chunky vegetables miso soup
Tuesdays – 17th, 24th April, 1st, 8th May – Fully Booked
The whole course is £300*, to book or enquire, please contact Reiko.
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.