Saturday or Sunday 12 – 4 pm
Gain the knowledge of sake while creating technical sushi rolls and nigiris with premium ingredients including soft shell crab tempura, konbu cured seabream, blow torched salmon, tobiko fish roe, white toro, tamago and duck tataki, with freshly grated Wasabi. All this is accompanied with four types of premium sake followed by Reiko’s special Japanese flavours of Mattcha (green tea) and Kuro-Goma (black sesame) ice cream.
The class is accompanied by a Sake Masterclass from sake expert and Director of TenguSake and Sake Educator for the British Sake Association, Oliver Hilton-Johnson. Oliver will introduce you to the tastes and types of sake, and discuss pairing of each Nigiri with one of four premium sake types. You’ll take home reference material to support everything you’ve learnt as well as your own creation of Gourmet rolls.
During the class, you will learn:
- Where to shop and what to buy when making sushi
- All about the basic ingredients used in sushi making
- How to make sushi rice
- How to cook soft shell crab tempura for inside out rolls
- How to cure sea bass
- How to make Sake Aburiyaki (blow torched salmon)
- 3 types of gourmet inside-out rolls
- How to make both tobiko and quail egg, and white toro, gunkan
- How to create nigiri using Hirame Konbujime (konbu cured seabream), Shime Saba (lightly pickled mackerel), Kamo Tataki (seared duck), pickled courgette and tamago
Classes are £160*, please see below for upcoming dates
- To be confirmed
This special class is run quarterly (except for post Christmas period) due to both tutor’s weekend’s availability. However please contact Reiko, if you are interested in booking this class for a private group class/ team building event. Mid-week classes can be arranged on request.
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.