7 – 9pm, one evening per week for four weeks
This home cooking course will introduce you to the simple, healthy, economic and delicious dishes that the Japanese cook in their homes. Designed as four sit down dinners with wine, in an authentic Japanese setting, you will learn how to create soups, salads, one pot and tempura dishes as part of a small seven person class. As with all of Reiko’s classes, all ingredients lists and recipes will be printed for you to take home, so that you can recreate what you have learnt in your own kitchen.
- Kakiage Tempura – seafood & vegetarian
- Minced Chicken Balls and Shiitake Mushrooms in a clear broth
- Coleslaw with Sesame & Soy Mayonnaise
- Oyako Donburi – a traditional seasoned rice dish with chicken and egg
- Spicy Namban Mackerel
- Refreshing Japanese Potato Salad
- Chirashi Zushi Kansai Style – ‘scattered sushi’
- Japanese Croquettes with Teriyaki Beef
- Broccoli with Miso and Sesame Sauce
- Okonomiyaki – a savoury Japanese pancake, with layers of vegetables, meat and egg
- Japanese meatballs in a sweet ginger sauce
- Agedashi Dofu – deep fried tofu in a clear brothThe whole course is £280*, to book or enquire, please contact Reiko.
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.