A full introduction to Japanese cookery, Reiko will explain the very basics while teaching up to four dishes per class. Designed as a series of four small classes of up to 7 people, you’ll watch and learn before making hands on dishes, and enjoying these as sit down dinners in a fun, informal atmosphere with wine.
- Introduction to the basic ingredients and methods used in Japanese cooking
- Traditional dashi stock from scratch
- Hands-on making of chicken yakitori
- Create and try a selection of salad dressings
- Miso soup
- Spinach with sesame sauce
- Gyoza dumplings
- Soba noodle salad with sesame dressing
- Nasu Dengaku – Grilled aubergines with sweet miso
- Takikomi Gohan – Japanese mixed flavoured rice
- Cook sushi rice from scratch
- Create thin sushi rolls, inside out rolls using tobiko fish roe, smoked mackerel, salmon sashimi, avocado and pickled vegetables. Compressed sushi using smoked salmon
- Sumashi Jiru – a healthy clear soup with julienne vegetables
- Tempura batter and tempura vegetables
- Miso marinaded salmon fillet
- Tofu bags with minced pork and egg
- Somen noodles in a clear ginger broth
The whole course of 4 evening classes is £300*
Upcoming Course Dates:
To be confirmed
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to book your space.
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.