Book two places or more and get a copy of HASHI Cookbook!
The most complete sushi and sashimi class in London. Learn to make five different sushi types and witness how fresh sashimi platter is made right in front of you. We will all sit in an authentic Japanese table to enjoy sushi & sashimi lunch with complimentary sake followed by Reiko’s special green tea ice cream. You will also take sushi rolls, sushi starter kit and *Hashi Cookbook home.
Use a top quality sashimi platter, including tuna, sea bream/sea bass and salmon, and freshly grated Wasabi from the Wasabi Company* (Saturday class only) to create a series of rolls, compressed sushi, nigiri and sashimi.
Enjoy your creations as a sit down lunch in an authentic Japanese setting, with miso soup and sake, followed by green tea ice cream – and even take home a variety of sushi rolls as well as a Yutaka starter kit, which includes a rolling mat, sushi rice, nori sheets, vinegar, wasabi and soy sauce! As with all of Reiko’s classes, all ingredient lists, recipes and suppliers are printed for you to take home.
During the class you will learn:
(max number of 9 participants per class)
- Where to shop and what to buy when making sushi
- The basic ingredients used in sushi making
- How to cook sushi rice properly
- How to prepare sushi fillings for maki and raw fish for sashimi
- How to make and present a variety of sushi including thin rolls, inside-out rolls, nigiri and two kind of oshi-zushi (compressed sushi)
- How to prepare Japanese tamagoyaki omelette
- How to make miso soup
11am – 3pm | £130
- 25th January – Fully Booked
- 8th February – 1 Place Left
- 22nd February – 2 Places Left
- 14th March – 4 Places Left
- 28th March
10am – 2pm | £115
- 19th February
- 18th March
*Full payment in advance will secure your booking. Once confirmed, we do not offer full refunds however can reschedule your class if given 2 weeks’ notice, while a voucher has 6 months’ validity which can be extended if you contact us within the first 6 months.